Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Playstation Video Store

Sony put up the Video Store last night and I decided to check it out. They have a great movie collection lots of new mixed with some old. You can have new movies like Drillbit Taylor, Walk Hard, and Cloverfield. On the old side they have classics like Rocky, Die Hard, and Rambo. From what I can tell an average SD movie is around 2GB the biggest I seen was Spanglish (2500MB)since that movie is like 3 hours long. The SD movies are in 720x480 which is DVD resolution and recorded at 2Mb/s which is ok still looks nice (Avg. DVD is around 8Mb/s). I far as I have seen you can't buy as in keep HD movies but there pretty good quality for a download at around 6Mb/s. Really you cant make the bitrate that high or the movies will just be so huge Cloverfield in HD is 6GB as is, so I'm happy with the quality. I bought "the Bank Job" last night looks nice I didn't check if it had 5.1 surround sound but it should. It was around 12:30 when I got it so I didn't feel like watching it. All in all it was very quick to download it was around 1.8GB and it downloaded in a half hour which was very quick in my opinion. This is something I always wanted a place that I can buy and keep movies smiler to iTunes but with out there horrible pricing and quality! *** Update: I just finished "the Bank Job" and I guess the movies don't support 5.1 surround sound which is disapointing but "the Bank Job" was a great movie based off a true story and was worth the $15! Also you can't watch the movies through remote play which sucks I guess there is some form of copyright reason preventing them from doing that.***Update***

No comments: