Sunday, April 27, 2008

Birthday Present Round Up


GIFT #1:
Thursday I got Gran Turismo 5: Prologue which kicked off the Birthday fiasco. GT 5 is a great game and
was most defiantly worth the $40 for
the download. If you need a great game that will show off your HDTV and you have a PS3 defiantly check this one out!


Gift #2:
Saturday I went to target to get a Zune 80 but they were out, so I bought a Zune 8GB
saved me $100. I guess it was supposed to be this way since I got about 4 gifts I wouldn't of got if I didn't save that $100. So far I love my Zune and dont regret getting it at all!

Gift
#3:
The same day I got the Zune I shot over to Game Crazy and grabbed a Dual Shock 3. I was hoping they didnt run out and it turns out they had a whole wall of them so I got one. The controller feels much more stable with the added heft, but really if there is nothing wrong with your Sixaxis I wouldn't pick this one up.

Gift #4:

After owning the Zune for a week I decided to get a dock to really take advantage of wireless sync. The dock has video out but the Zune 8GB doesnt support it so I cant use that but I can have the music go through my t.v. The dock also charges and looks rather good too, from the pictures I've seen it looks like a big black dull brick but actually its shiny and goes with the Zune very nicely.



Gift #5:
While I was getting the dock I seen they had Bioshock for $40. So I picked up this masterpiece $20 off the launch price. Bioshock is a excellent game and I guess during the holiday mix I just skipped over this one. Defiantly worth $40 and if you skipped over it like I did then go pick this up especially at the $40 price tag.


Gift #6:

Saving the big gift for last. I seen on Nintendo Wii Fanboy that Toys R' Us got a ass load of Wiis, so I called and they said they were taking pre orders for the Wii Golden Ticket Event which is a bit over doing it if you ask me. I went up there placed 2 bones on it and got the golden ticket. I was going to skip out of there waving it in the air but either I was going to scar little children or get stabbed and get my golden ticket janked. Today picked it up as well as Mario Galaxy and found the tax on it to be really high I gave the guy $115 and got $1 back, in-case you cant tell thats $315! I get $1 back what kind of stuff is that? So $14 in tax seems rather high but what ever. The Wii-mote is very comfortable to hold the nunchuck on the other hand hurts my middle finger when I hold it for more than a hour. Other than that the system is very solid and I hope it was worth the $250 and from Mario Galaxy I think the Wii has great potential. The graphics are great for being two Gamcubes stuck together, they look like ass on my HDTV in 480i but on the non high definition 56" Sony they look great! Here eventually I hope to get the component cables. Soon I'll do a review on the Wii so check back in the next few days.


So thats it! it was a great Birthday to me and I'm very satisfied with all of my gifts!


No comments: