Saturday, April 05, 2008

I have Won!! Ninja Gaiden DS [Reveiw]

Has it been 4 months already?
Today I beat Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword for the DS. The game was a lot easier and shorter than what I thought it was going to be (9 hours)...but as promised here is my review!

**Review**
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword is my favorite DS game by far! The graphics are great the sound is awesome! The first thing you notice when you pop in NG: DS is the graphics, after playing Sigma on the PS3 I would of thought to see little short black things with sticks but I was wrong. The game has really good graphics think Legend of Dragoon . The character models look great and they look just like the characters from the Xbox/Ps3 version. The game play also is very well done, while holding the DS like cards or a book you slash the touch screen with the stylus and look like a jack ass while doing that, but it works great. Since I haven't played my DS to much I didn't have many scratches on the touch screen, well..... now I do! Probably 3-5 more using the stock stylus. Really the only sad thing is the game plays like Super Mario 64 where you go to rooms to play the level. In the beginning some one gets captured from the Black Spider Clan I'll leave the who up to you and eventually you teleport to the shadow realm or something similar to it and try to get the girl back before they kill her. Now basically how the game goes is: you go to a room kill some people and fight a boss. I believe you do this 14 times(?). But the game doesnt get harder as you go, the 4th to last boss is the hardest to beat while the last boss was quite easy, it was practically fighting Alma from the first game. The games story and game play is very good and fun but does NG use all of the DS's many features to help it along its journy? The answer is yes it uses all of them. The Touch Screen is used to fight and to draw the Ninpo symbols. The mic is used to wake up characters and discover little secrets. The wi-fi is used to connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and compare your scores with others. Overall the game is great and is a must buy if your a fan of challenging games. This game uses all of the DS's features and uses them well. The game is on the easy side especially for a Ninja Gaiden game, the thing that makes this so easy is when you go to a save station you get health and you Ninpo refilled. If you want a challenge closer to the console version play on Head Ninja which you unlock after beating it on normal. The game is sometimes really frustrating but overall is a great buy and at $34 theres no reason not to get it if you own a DS. This game has shown me what the DS is capable of and shows me the DS can be a great platform for something other than mini games.
9.85

1 comment:

Whispering Mute said...

Gonna have to get a DS aye? Sounds good to me. Seems like the difficulty was more balanced for casual gamers.