Friday, December 19, 2008

GameSpy's Game of The Year awards

Xbox 360
10. SoulCalibur IV
9. Burnout: Paradise
8. Dead Space
7. Fable II
6. RockBand 2
5. Prince of Persia
4. Left 4 Dead
3. Grand Theft Auto IV
2. Gears of War 2
1. Fallout 3

Out of the 10 best Xbox 360  2 of them are exclusive. Gears of War 2 is the 4th most played game on Xbox Live and Fable II is number 10. Left 4 Dead also won best multiplayer game which isn't much of a supprise but what is a supprise is Gears of war 2 at 2nd in the best online game category. From everything I have read it seems that it has more trouble going on than Socom does but to each there own.


PlayStation 3
10. Burnout Paradise
9. Dead Space
8. Resistance 2
7. Prince of Persia
6. Valkyria Chronicles
5. RockBand 2 
4. Grand Theft Auto IV
3. Metal Gear Solid 4 !
2. Fallout 3
1. Little Big Planet

Out of the top 10 PS3 games 4 of them are exclusive. Little Big Planet continues to be loved by the media yet it's still being ignored. There is no way a game like Metal Gear Solid 4 should be in 3rd. It was a perfect game, it had the multiplayer and it had the single player. The graphics are amazing and so is the gameplay. I would of liked to see Resistance 2 a little higher but then again I haven't played it and GTA4 still baffles me.

1 comment:

Whispering Mute said...

Very interesting. It's sort of sad that Left 4 Dead is not receiving the same attention has the media has been giving it. Gears War 2 is having troubles with it's match making system. Last I heard it's fixed but truth be told I think it's the third patch already in an effort to fix it. As for the PS3, I'm surprised Little Big Planet sits at number one. Quite frankly it baffles me because to me, Metal Gear Solid 4 really should hold the mantel. I'm curious to think what were you're top ten games this year.