Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Zune 3.0!

 This morning the Zune was updated to version 3.0. Like the Xbox 360 the Zune team keeps the updates to two times a year. This update includes the ability to download/stream music from the device its self and among many other things. The streaming is something that you can only do when you have a Zune Pass. Overall the update went very smooth I had some problems when I was downloading it this morning since the servers weren't all the way back online yet but seemed to be a lot smoother of an experience than what thaat fruit company was having. I noticed the software is a lot more resource hungry mainly processor hungry using around 60%  of the processor and when using Vista that doesnt leave much left for anything else! Some people I seen on engadget and some other sites say there Zune gets stuck somewhere while its syncing for a long time. The best thing to do is let it sync overnight you can stop the sync while its stuck and continue later so its really not a big deal. Overall very cool stuff I also got a Zune Pass so I could stream music and whatever else I feel like doing so say good bye to Limewire for hopefully a really long time, really I dont like doing that and when you buy music you feel a lot better about your self so self-esteem +2! Here soon I'll post some pictures of the software and say whats changed but, remember people this update is free and works with every single Zune device out there so make sure to grab it! Also if want to learn stuff about the Zune first hand make sure to check out Zuneinsider.com ! 

No comments: