Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My New Top 10!

Since I changed everything on my top 10 I thought I would go over them, explain them a little bit and say why I like them blah blah blah. So here we go!



#1 on my list now is the Sony Vaio Z. It is a 13.1" powerhouse! It can pack up to a 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Blu-ray drive, 64 or 128GB SSD, dedicated graphics from Nvidia along with Intel's integrated for better battery life. All of this weighs less than 4lbs and is less than 1.3" thick and with the battery supposedly up to 6 hours it seems like the best portable laptop out there!



Next up is the Sony Vaio RT. This is a new all in one by Sony that is very powerful. This thing packs a 25.5" LCD, Intel Core 2 Quad Core processor, 6GB of RAM (DDR2), 1TB hard drive, built in TV tuner, Blu-ray read/write drive. All of this doesn't come cheap at $4,000 but hell thats sure one nice looking powerful machine! The reason I picked this and the Vaio Z is because I've started to take a interest in photography and video as you'll see in the next few items down. So I figured that I needed something with a lot of room and power to edit those pictures and HD movies.




No matter what goes on with computers or cameras I will always be a gamer at heart so why not have the best? The 55" Sony Bravia XBR8 is Sony's new flagship TV which isn't out yet but is better than last years XBR5. The XBR5 is one of the best LCD TVs out there right now and the XBR8 should be no exception. Coming in at a whopping $7,000 it better be good! It of course supports 1080p over HDMI and Component so my HDMI-less Xbox 360 will be happy. This TV also has all of the frills for a TV thses days like: 120Hz motion flow, 4 HDMI inputs, DLNA capable, a 10bit panel, and a 1 million to 1 contrast ratio. I'm sure the new Triluminos RGB LED backlighting will help this be one of the best looking TVs this year!




At # 4 and 5 the Sony Alpha and the Handycam HDR-CX12. Since I would really like to start getting into photography I would need a good camera that takes good pictures but is easy to use and from everything I read the Sony Alpha series is just that! The one I was looking at comes in at around $700 which comes with a additional lens, supports up to 3200 ISO, 2FPS burst shot not as good as the 5FPS which the new one coming out has but I dont know. I really dont know much about cameras but based on what I know, it sounds like a good choice! Now something I know a little more about which is video. The Sony Handycam records full 1920x1080 video to a memory stick duo. I picked this one over the extremely small HDR-TG1 because this records double the amount of pixels some how. Anyway this records in AVCHD, 2.7" touch panel display, records in 5.1 surround sound and comes with super steady shot to get rid of those shaky shots.



#6 Like I said earlier, I will always be a gamer at heart and the HP Blackbird is one of the most powerful gaming desktops out there today. Some people ask why buy when you can build for half the price? Well first of all its not half the price and second if I'm going to be spending around $4,000 on parts and what not I want it to be done right! I have confidence in myself but not $4,000 worth. The Blackbird was made in partnership with the Voodoo guys to make a high performance and great looking machine that was made for gamers and it succeeds cranking out 105 FPS in COD4 in 1920x1200 on Very high! The blackbird packs some serious firepower with a Intel Core2 Extreme processor QX9770, 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, and 2 GTX 280s in SLI. Yea don't expect your electric bill to be cheap after playing a few hours of Crysis. Oh yea! The price up around the $7000 mark!



#7. This Denon receiver can brings the noise with 140watts per channel spread across 7 channels and a subwoofer. Has all sorts of inputs like: 4 HDMI inputs, 7 composite inputs, 7 S-Video inputs, 3 component inputs, and 4 optical inputs/3 coaxial inputs! All of this weighs in at 41LBS! Though it does support every sound mode you can think of like: Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Digital True HD, DTS HD, along with you pro logics and DTS ES everything that you would want. It also upscales everything upto 1080p and costs almost $3,000.

#8 I want a new PSP but I've wrote about that a few times so.. yea!



#9 I need some new speakers to go with that Denon so here we go. I picked the Cambridge Soundworks Newton HD series. These are very skinny speakers so they mount some what flush with your LCD tv. They have some good reviews and would of liked to get some KEF or Bowers and Wilkins speakers but those are hard to come by. So lets just say movies should sound good with 7 of these pointed at you along with that subwoofer!



#10. Ok I have a Zune I love my Zune but just look at that Cowon S9! I'm sure it will be like $500 but it is just gorgeous! The Cowon is a MP3 player with a 500MHz dual core processor with a 3.3" Amoled display, has bluetooth, Tv out, and a FM radio. It is just so good looking and easily beats anything Apple has to offer both visually and sound quality wise. I cant wait for it to hit the states!

So there it is my 10 most wanted things and its not a shopping list I will probably not get any of these things besides a PSP or the Cowon since everything added together is around the $20k mark but hell I can dream right?

No comments: