Thursday, March 27, 2008

Xbox Live's Main Plan..

So as you may or may not know in the Fall Update for Xbox Live, Microsoft banned all GOLD and silver members under the age of 18 from downloading "M" rated content. When asking Microsoft about this Microsoft replied something like, we want to protect our underage users from playing or seeing "M" rated content as followed by the E.S.R.B. and Nintendo and Sony should do the same.. Thats not the exact quote but its very similar to what they said. Now I can see where there going with this.. but why are the parental controls there if Microsoft is going to tell you what you can and can not play or watch! I don't know anyone above 18 that has parents that would block them from playing "M" rated content. Now imagine how mad I am, when I pay the same $50 a year as everyone else but get 1/4 of the downloads. If I wanted to play games where you pet bunnies and dumb shit like that I would own a Wii, what I want are demos and videos of games that have people blowing into a million pieces and getting chainsawed in the face! So.... after numerous calls to India... I mean Xbox customer support the response I get is to make a new silver account but lie about my age... WOW! Really thinking of the kids there huh Microsoft? So after thinking a lot I have come to the conclusion.... this is a way for Microsoft to get more Xbox Live users! Think about it.. They ban 65% of there users and trust me its 65% I have played Halo 3 online, from downloading 3/4 of the content released and if say 40% of those users call customer support and get told to make a new account to download "M" rated items they get 40% more Xbox Live users. So Microsoft out of 8million users how many have 2 accounts to download the demos you blocked them from? I believe this was there plan on how to get more subscribers. This is just coming from someone that was told they cant download "M" rated or "RP" rated content. I dont know maybe ill go play 36/53 "M" rated original Xbox games or my 14/20 "M" rated Xbox 360 games that I own! By the way I'm going to be 17 in 19 days and still not old enough to get a fucking demo that I pay $50 a year for!

2 comments:

Whispering Mute said...

lolz, love the picure.

Whispering Mute said...

yeah, that m rated stuff is bs... maybe it's some kind of conpiracy.. dum dum dum