Sunday, February 15, 2009

Three Months of Seven

So it has been 3 months since I first installed the Windows 7 beta. Really it was just to see what all of the buzz was about. I didn't think Windows Vista was was bad at all. Yea it didn't run real well on older hardware but hey you can't expect everything to work on everything forever. So right now the laptop I'm using is a shit ass Compaq. It came with Windows Vista Home Basic and 512MB of ram. Since then I upgraded it to 2Gb of ram and that really helped out a lot and made Vista very able on this little computer. The laptop has a Intel Celeron M at 1.6Ghz. Its basically a netbook but fucking huge and blows out scalding heat. So as I first downloaded Windows 7 I was going to install it on a separate partition but that wasn't working so well. So I just installed Windows 7  right over Vista. At first I was extremely nervous, I have only done this once and that was from Windows 3.1 to Windows 95 plus I had some help, so I really wasn't sure what to expect. But like every other program you just hit install and OK 20 times till you see a progress bar ^_^ At first it was horrible all of these programs weren't working, my Zune wouldn't Sync, all of my Music was gone and I was pretty pissed. But Win7 fixed it all on its own except the Zune thing, which I had to run it as administrator and it was fixed. Then overall the benefits of Win7 kicked in. The computer was faster, I could run more than 2 things at once, it didn't take 4 minutes to boot up, it was fantastic. Now this really gets me thinking with Mac users still saying Win7 is worse than OSX, then OSX has to be really fucking good. There is no way I can think of to really improve Win7. Now I'm going to show some of my favorite improvements here.
          Click to make BIGGER

 




No comments: